Thursday, November 6, 2014

Death of a feathered family member

A few days ago we lost our Americauna chicken "Fire". It was sad but expected in a way because she was pretty old, about 5 1/2 yrs old.. She was a fierce egg layer and quite possibly the sweetest chicken we have ever owned.
Now we don't have burials this extensive for all of our chickens. Usually only the ones my daughter ends up naming.. and then somehow they are initiated into the family ;)
All Named chickens usually get buried in my flower bed. and receive a headstone. "Fire" also got a violin solo from Norah.. Its was pretty cute....




About a half hour later, Norah comes inside.. sits down and says
"Mom, can we study "Fires" Brain?

me: ummm what?

"Can we take "Fires" Brain out and study it.....


Don't worry "Fire" I told her no.....

I hope this indicates a future in the science field and nothing else..hehe


Until next time..
The Cools
|

No comments:

Post a Comment