Wednesday, June 17, 2015

100 degrees

Holy smokes, is it warm in the holler! We have been hovering around 95-100 degrees that past few days, with about 70% humidity. Add to that me canning the bounty, being off grid with no A/C and limited fan use, and cooking doesn't really sound all that  inviting.

Luckily everyone has been happy with watermelon and popcorn,,hahaha, but I figure I should probably actually make something up with substance today...


The following recipe, is my new summer go to, Its amazing! We have a lot of Kale growing, and this is a great way to use it without sauteeing.



Summer Time Kale Salad



1 very large bunch of Kale
1 cup almonds
3/4 cup raisins or cranberries
1/2-1 cup diced red onion
Blue Cheese to taste, I use about  3/4 cup or so
 
 
Dressing
1/4 cup White Balsalmic Vinegar
3/4 cup Olive oil
2 tsps. Dijon mustard
pinch of salt

chop up your kale very small,,add diced onion, almonds) or walnuts), cranberries, blue cheese
whisk the dressing thoroughly , pour over salad,, let sit for an hour..

SO easy to make , healthy , delicious, and a great way to use up all that kale in your garden!!!

**** Keep in mind, I don't measure much, hahaha,I just kinda eye it, but you get the idea


 and For Dessert..............................




Blueberry Popsicles
 
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
1 cup almond milk
1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt.
Raw Honey (optional, if using Plain yogurt I would definitely  add honey or they wont be sweet)

Put all ingredients in blender,,, pour into popsicles containers and freeze

My daughter and husband LOVE these.. We make them with Peaches too :)
 
 
 
I would love to hear your favorite summertime recipies!



Blessings
 
 
The Cools

                                                            

2 comments:

  1. I am not a Kale fan. But you won my heart with the blueberry pop. Those are so going to be in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a big Kale fan and always looking for recipes! It's hot here too ,been sitting under fans and have no air conditioner,yep been rough but hopefully will get thru it!

    ReplyDelete