Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Visit Home and our Honey House Demo









Hello! Well,, I suppose everyone is catching up on getting back to a regular routine after The Holidays! We had  a lovely visit home to my Parent farm in North East Ohio. I forgot how much I loved being able to see the sky for miles, amish buggies, and old barns. It will always be home!! But I will admit, the mountains were calling me back . A short and swift visit, but filled to the brim with family, love, laughter, and food, ohhh the food!!!
We even fit in a visit with My folks neighbors who own  Queens Right Aparies ( Beekeepers, farmers, and owners of all kinds of creatures,). They have a lovely store filled to the Brim with everything Beekeeping, and were kind enough to let us in after hours. They also have some wonderful exoctic animals which Norah really enjoyed!.

The New year is nearly here. While its still winter, Janauary is fil;ed with things to do on the Homestead. I have ordered some seeds and will start seeding my spring crops soon! Robb is getting ready to build more bee equipment and planning out this years goal/strategy . We also have some chicken coops that need mending, and need to figure out some fencing and shelter for the Piglets we will be getting in the spring.

We have had quite a bit of rain the past couple weeks. But did have a very warm SUNNY day last week that allowed us to get into our Honey "House" ( I put that in parantheses, because its actually a camper). We are knocking out some closets in order to make room for some new honey equipment.  As our apiary grows we are hoping to be able to purchase some bigger and better equipment to make the honey extracting process a bit smoother and more efficient.






HOME




 
 
 
Queen Right Colonies




 
 
 
Honey House Demo
 
well, I started typing this blog last night, and since then I believe my dog has eaten my camera chip, haha.. so the Honey House Pictures will have to wait!



Blessings
The Cool Family
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. We love living here in a community with Amish. They are great neighbors and there are such advantages we had no idea about. Sawmills, Roofers and all sorts of produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it. I am actually from the NE Ohio area too and now my husband and I are homesteading in the mountains of NW Georgia! Keep the posts coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete